Creating a Scene!!!!!

Hi Everyone hope you are all in the mood for a bit of festive creativity!!!

This month I have been having a whole heap of Christmas fun with the lovely stamps Bibi sent for this month's Design Team challenges!  Today I am sharing a tutorial that shows you how I created this card using home made masks and stencils and a little bit of Distress Ink.


I had the perfect stamp sets to finish off my scene.  The pine branches come from the Pines Fir Yew set (NP6-M)….at least I am calling them pine!  I am not one hundred percent sure I am right but I know you won't mind if I am not!  I loved using the stamps to make it look like I am peering through the branches to the snowy scene beyond!


Of course I just had to continue the theme inside the card.  Both of my sentiments are from the Christmas Greeting set (SEC4-M).  I love this set as there are so many different sentiments with all different fonts so they are very versatile indeed.

Welcome to anyone following the link trail from my You Tube Video you have arrived at Rubber Dance!….and as promised here is the cutting guide for this card:

Cutting Guide

White Card Base  - 11 1/2" x 5 3/4" scored and folded at 5 3/4"or 29cm x 14.5 cm scored and folded at 14.5 cm
Teal Card - 5 1/8" square or 13cm square (Cut 2)
White Card Topper - 5" square or 12.5cm square (Cut 2)
Circle Mask - 3" or 8 cm

Please watch the tutorial so you can see all the fun I had creating this card.  I hope I have given you some ideas for creating snowy scenes of your own as well as tempting you to check out these lovely stamps.  I am so impressed with the detail of these stamps and you will see I didn't even need to stamp onto a foam sheet!

Link to video tutorial: http://youtu.be/86Zky9z9AJc

I hope you are getting your Christmas cards made so you are ready to press send in December!!!!  I am doing surprisingly well and I may actually be on time this year ;-) Touch wood!

See you again soon

HelenX

Comments

Artatag said…
Oh Helen, this is really swinging! Those colours give me a very happy feeling!
Majo said…
Beautiful, dear Helen!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Helen! I love your card - you know how to make a stunning scene!! :-)
The "fir" stamp is actually a Norwegian Spruce, but it doesn't really matter what we call it - I think it's a gorgeous and very versatile stamp, which I have used a LOT! It's made from a nature print of a spruce twig I picked in a forest not far from my home here in Norway.
LOVE your video tutorial, as always! :-)
XOX
TwinkleToes2day said…
More gorgeous work from you Helen. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise ((hugs)) :o) x
Unknown said…
Really gorgeous Helen! Love it.
Craftyfield said…
The "pine" stamps are indeed gorgeous and thoroughly enjoyed watching your video Helen. The finished card is beautiful outside and inside.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!