Frosty Paper Lantern


Hi everyone! It's me, Susanne, today and I've another Christmas decoration today to share with you. I loved loved loved how the awesome Pine Fir Yew stampes turned out when they were embossed on the cards in my previous post. This time I did nearly the same. The only difference is that I embossed them on white vellum! Awesome! What do you think?



I used my Silhouette Studio Cutting file from my last lantern and added a new window style. I cut everything out of red cardstock and added some "snow" using white acrylic paint, some white texture paste and finally lots of Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy!

I cut my vellum and embossed the stamped images with white detail embossing powder. After I adhered them into my lantern I ripped some of the paper out to create the look of broken glass.


I used this funny sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance. I love it!  It's so charming!



I also used the fir branch in a more traditional way. I stamped it on white paper and fuzzy cut it out. I used tons of Stickles Dry Glitter Ocean on the deer. I love how this color and the red turned out.




You'll find the free cutting file for the lantern on my blog.

All stamps are from Rubber Dance :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day, 
Susanne



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Susanne! This is absolutely stunning!!! I love the white embossing on the vellum and the broken glass looks so real! Again, hard to believe the lantern is made of paper... just like your previous one - amazing!! :-)
XOX
Steph Ackerman said…
Absolutely love it!!!!
Artatag said…
What a wonderful project! It doesn't look like paper at all! Very nice work!! Xox
Cataleya said…
OMG!!! My dear Bibi, it's AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find any words!!!! Just love it!!!!!!!!
~Olga Kovalchuk
Unknown said…
So lovely and snowy - makes me feel very festive!
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks for your lovely comments!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!