On the Beach - Mixed Media Canvas by Susanne

Hi everyone!

One of my favourite themes to create with is: beach and nautical elements. So today I'd like to show you a vintage beach canvas.


You'll find the video tutorial at the end of this post. First of all I'd like to share with you some more detail images:

I used several stamp sets from Rubber Dance on this canvas. I love that they can be combined in so many ways. Especially the new "Round in Circles" set! I can see them on my chrismas creation in the upcoming season already!
I colored the background of the sentiment with Distress Ink "walnut stain". Then I sprayed water through a stencil to get a ghost image. I didn't use Gelatos for the tag. I used some watercolor pencils to add color, because they blend much better on a porose surface.

 The chain on top is covered with Fran-tage embossing enamel "aged silver".

The anchore is covered with Fran-tage embossing enamel "aged aqua". I also added a tiny little bit of "peeled paint" Distress embossing powder. I used some "brushed corduroy" Distress embossing powder for the sea shell.

I hope you'll have fun watching the video:



Have a crafty day and thanks for stopping by,
Susanne


Here are the stamp sets I used from Rubber Dance:
Round in Circles
Travel
Retro Beach
Vintage Postcard
Collage Elements 1
Something Wonderful (Sentiments)

Comments

Absolutely gorgeous mixed media piece, Suzz! How beautifully you have used Distress colors and Stamps!!
You know... you inspire me! Keep it up girl!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Susanne! ♥ It's so beautiful!!! I really enjoyed watching your video tutorial. You make it look so easy! I know I've said it before - so easy to follow each step of the way that it makes me believe I CAN DO THIS! :-)))) I'll try and then see what happens ... ;-)
Artatag said…
Tolle Arbeit Susanne! Dein Video gefällt mir auch super gut! Ach ich glaub, ich fahr ans Meer!
LG
Gabriele
Unknown said…
Loved the addition of the tag on to your canvas Susanne. That bubbly background is fab. Watched your video with my morning coffee! I am intrigued to see what you will be doing with what looks like a nautical wheel propped up on your desk 😉😘
massofhair said…
Enjoyed the video thank you, was very helpful and as Bibi says, it makes you think you CAN do it! I don't have any Gelatos but i do have Portfolio Pastels so will have a play with them, wonderful canvas :-) xxx
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you all for your lovely comments.
Helen, you'll see that soon!
Craftyfield said…
I enjoyed the video and love the colours, especially on the tag. And the Frantaged Anchor.. gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!