DIY Cell Phone Case by Susanne

Hello!!!
Susanne here today and I'm sharing a mixed media cell phone case.  I used SnapPap (same as KraftTex) and prepared it by printing it with the Gelli Plate.  This material is also called "vegan leather".  It feels like paper, and you can treat it like this, but it acts like fabric.  This makes it perfect for my project.  My main images are from the Textured Flowers stamp set.


Here are some step by step instructions:

I cut the SnapPap according to my cell phone measurements.  Of course I cut it a little bigger (you have to try this with your phone, it depends on how thick it is).  I add 1/2" on the right and left side.  I will fold this to the inside to get a nicer edge.


I stamped two of the texture flowers to the front.  I use a piece of post-it note to mask the first impression.


I stamped some of the lovely stars.


I stamped the same flowers on gelli printed deli paper.


The best way to add deli paper to a surface is by using Gel Medium or ModPodge.


Finally I decorated the backside with the text stamp from the Da Vinci stamp set.


Now it's time to sew it together.  I folded in the left and right overlap and sewed it.



After that I folded it in half and sewed the bottom and the top.  The case is really strong, so the phone will not slip out.  It will become a little larger after a while.



I added a charm from Blue Moon Beads to the right top corner.




Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne


Supplies:
Da Vinci
Textured Flowers
Gelli Plate
Acrylic Paints
Memento Luxe Ink
Archival Ink
StazOn Ink
Blue Moon Beads

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, this has got to be the prettiest and coolest phone case I ever saw!!! What a brill idea, Susanne! I bought a meter of canvas last week to make the cover for the journal I made (bound it myself), and I bet that canvas would work great for a phone cover too! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥
Oh my.... it was like waking in a Summer garden when I saw your clever make Susanne. Your design is striking and I love you highly detailed post and inky pictures.. makes me want to jump on in and give it a go right now. Thank you Susanne for brightening my day xx
Wow this is stunning, I've never heard of that material before but it looks really interesting.....another thing added to the wish list!
Hugs
Donna xx
Cindy said…
Actually, I can't figure out how you get the phone in or out of it with it all sewed shut on all sides....
Susanne Rose said…
Dear Cindy. The right side is open. If you have a look at the step out photo, you can see, that I sewed the long side not together. I only folded half an inch to the back (this is the inside when it's finished) and sewed it. So I end up with a nice edge on the opening. After this was done I sewed the top and the bottom. I hope this helps.
ionabunny said…
Love the brights. You certainly won't loose your phone in this case. I love practical art. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!